Please click on each session to see the full details
- We are a triathlon club and the swim sessions try to cater for all abilities. They are intended to make you sweat and get out of breath. Our aim is to coach improvements in technique and fitness; our coaches are not qualified to teach non-swimmers to swim. We set a minimum swim standard of 50m continuous front crawl. This is to ensure our coaches can give each swimmer their equal attention and focus on coaching all swimmers together. If you feel you need swimming lessons before attending our sessions please get in touch and we can help you with this.
- UTC encourage their members to become members of Triathlon England as this gives them many benefits including liability insurance.
- Anybody who swims does so at their own risk.
- Every effort will be made to ensure your safe ride & our advice & guidelines are there to help you, however this does not make us liable for anything that happens in the pool or in Coniston. You are responsible for your own safety.
- Please bring hydration, appropriate swimwear and goggles to pool swims (swim caps are optional). For open water swimming a wetsuit, swim cap and goggles is compulsory. Coaches will provide brightly coloured swim caps so that they can identify you in the lake but you may wish to wear your own cap underneath for warmth. If you have your own tow float please feel free to bring it, however, these are not compulsory.
- Please be courteous to other swimmers and follow lane etiquette as explained by the coach.